Saturday, December 1, 2007

Open House Review #1




We’ll start with Ray & Martie Smith’s Ray & Martie Garden Railroad . It’s located in the town of Smitty Flats, Martie will tell you with a smile - Elevation = 3 ft. ( = The height of the island ); Population = 67, although Martie thinks they may have added a few more figures before the open house.

I think that this is the newest layout in the club; and all the prouder for how much work they’ve done!

The day & night before the open houses, Santa Clarita got some unseasonably early, and heavy rain. Like several of their colleagues, Ray & Martie were out at the crack of dawn checking connections and ballast, and generally cleaning up. This would be, after all, the R&MGR’s first open house! I was thinking about all this when I asked Ray “Well, was it worth it?”

He thought about it a second, perhaps surprised by my question. Then a grin grew wide across his face and he said “Yes. Yes, I think so!”

I think so too, Ray.

-Gary the GardenRail Hobo-

No comments: